VivaLoudoun has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.vivaloudoun.com
and update your bookmarks.


Friday, August 27, 2010

Baseball: 14-Year-Old Babe Ruth World Series Schedule

Babe Ruth World Series fans: We have anchored the results and standings on the top of our page this week so you can find out the latest news here!

15 comments:

  1. September 16 instead of August 16? I guess Sousa was tired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah ... just trying to anchor it at the top of the page and tricking the date is the only way I can think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the attendance been like? The only pics that I was able to see were the Winchester vs. KY game and the stands on the Winchester side did not look very well attended for being so close to Purcellville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question, I've attended both of the Greater Loudoun games and the home side was fairly full, a nice crowd cheering on the local boys. Not a lot of out-of-towners for the other teams but I'm sure that has to do with distance and economic conditions as well. If you enjoy baseball, come out this afternoon and you can catch Winchester at 4 p.m., then the home run derby for the National Division which will feature a Loudoun player and then at 8 p.m. Loudoun plays ... all for the price of one admission!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan, what is the 411 on the 4pm and 8pm games for Aug. 23rd? No updates? OR is there another spot on the net that has "live" game feed?

    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, had laptop issues last night and didn't do any Live! blogging last night but look for a Live! blog from Greater Loudoun's 8 p.m. game tonight with the home team advancing to single elimination with a win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does anyone know why Babe Ruth headquarters is not doing "live" game scoring? In previous years, the games were scored "live" via the net.

    Wonder why that changed?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who advanced from the National? What's the tie-breaker,any idea? Just following the Arlington team online ... and I think they might be on the short end of the tie-breaker; runs against moves Vancouver in; Bryant then beat Arlington in head-to-head???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let me confirm but as I was reading the tiebreaker system last night it appears that in a 3-way tie they go to least runs allowed and if that is the case the seedings would be: 2. Vancouver (18 runs allowed), 3. Arlington (23 runs) and 4. Bryant (35 runs) such that Bryant is eliminated and the other two teams advance to today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They might need to rewrite the tiebreaker section in the rules book as I am now hearing that Vancouver got 2nd via the runs allowed but then Bryant was awarded third on head to head win over Arlington and that was not the way I read the rulebook ... but that is the ruling

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three teams from the American Division make the Final 4; being there, what's your take on the Semi-Final match-ups?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always have to give the edge to the teams with fresher arms so those No. 1 seeds look good but Pleasanton could make a case for having played the best ball in the tournament overall ... look for a California vs. Florida final on Saturday ... or I could be wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So who won on Saturday-- California or Florida?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dan,
    Thanks for the coverage, I didn't see a score for the Finals ... who won?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks ... I was out of town at a soccer tournament this weekend (Dad duties!) so the wrap on the finals is late ... look for an update any second!

    ReplyDelete