VivaLoudoun has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.vivaloudoun.com
and update your bookmarks.


Wednesday, November 7, 2012

College Corner: Loudoun County Grad Sammy Dormio Makes All Conference 2nd Team Women's Volleyball for D3 Keene State College Owls

College Corner with editor Noelle Dormio

Courtesy of Keene State College
(Nov 6, 2012) - Loudoun County High School grad Sammy Dormio was named Second Team All-Little East Conference for the NCAA Division III Keene State College women's volleyball squad.  Making the transition from libero to outside hitter early in the season, Dormio became an indispensable member of the Keene State Owls, leading the team to the LEC finals. A strong hitter with equally efficient defensive and passing skills, Dormio leads the Owls with over 400 digs, 3.70 per set and over 193 kills. 



The sophomore outside hitter filled up the score sheet in both quarterfinal and semifinal round games in the LEC Tournament. She had 14 kills and 10 digs in a 3-0 opening round win over Plymouth State and a season high 21 kills, with a .356% hitting avg. to go with three assists, three service aces and 12 digs in the Owls 3-1 upset win over second seed Western Conn.
           
Keene State (19-16) will host Daniel Webster College in a quarterfinal match of the ECAC tournament at Spaulding Gym on Wednesday (7 p.m.).

All right I know I am bragging again about Sammy, but I just so proud of her.  Being an undersized outside hitter for Keene has been very hard on Sammy's body.  I can name the body parts that hurt but that would be all of them.  The coach says she has a smile on her face every time she steps on the court, so I guess that's all the matters.  Go Keene!

PS Check out HGTV pumpkin wars where Keene NH beat out a town in Illinois for the most pumkins lit.  Very Cool!

          


No comments:

Post a Comment