VivaLoudoun has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.vivaloudoun.com
and update your bookmarks.


Thursday, November 18, 2010

Baseball: Stone Bridge's J.J. White Officially Signs with Penn State

J.J. White on his decision to play baseball at Penn State


(Nov. 18, 2010) - Stone Bridge High School senior J.J. White has formally signed a National Letter of Intent to play baseball next year at Penn State.

White, a 6-foot-3, 215-pound catcher for the Bulldogs, has played varsity baseball under coach Sam Plank since his freshman season.

“J.J. walked through the doors his freshman year and I knew he was going to be special," said Plank. "When great hitters hit a baseball the sound speaks for itself. JJ is not only a talented baseball player but also a great teammate and role model in school as well. Penn State is getting gem."


Over the years, White has played for several elite teams, beginning in Austin, Tex., qualifying for the Elite 24 tournament at age 13, and placing 8th in the country with the Austin Eagles.

White's family moved to Leesburg in the summer of 2006. In Virginia, he played for the 14U Virginia Mavericks who won the VA State Championship that year. White has since been trained by Dan Gitzen and played summer and fall baseball with the Mid-Atlantic Red Sox organization.

More photos from this signing.
"From the time I met J.J., it was obvious at a young age that J.J. was going to be a special talent. He is highly motivated and from what he puts into the game, I knew he would be playing in a big time program one day,” said Gitzen.

White was All-District for each of the past two seasons at Stone Bridge. He hits in the four hole and has great hands and power, including three home runs for the Bulldogs. He had seven doubles in both his sophomore and Junior seasons.

At catcher, no team wants to steal on him. White had 10 throw outs last season as catcher.

"I would like to thank my parents and coaches Plank and Gitzen for helping me get to where I wanted to go," said White. "Penn State is an amazing school, and I am so excited. I look forward to helping Penn State win the Big 10 and advance beyond Regionals."

No comments:

Post a Comment