VivaLoudoun has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.vivaloudoun.com
and update your bookmarks.


Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Girls Basketball: Osbourn's Scott Controls Heritage, 45-34

By Owen Gotimer
Special to VivaLoudoun.com

Leesburg (Jan. 16. 2010) - The Osbourn High School girls basketball team started the game on an 8-0 run and Heritage was down seven still after the first quarter.

A full team effort led to an 9-2 Heritage run to start the second, but OHS quickly recovered going into halftime with a 27-24 lead.

A 9-4 third quarter put the Pride down in an 8-point hole. An array of Pride turnovers, and several missed opportunities left Heritage hanging their heads after a 45-34 loss.

Notes and Analaysis:

HHS's leading scorer was Chelsea Evans with 7. Osbourn's Kylie Peters led all scorers with 17, including 3 three pointers and 6 of 7 from the line. Heritage's Akenya Surles dominated the rebounding game.

On a side note, I thought Osbourn's Erica Scott was one of the best point guards I have seen all year. Personally I felt she controlled the offensive flow, took better shots, and made better passes then Kyani White of Stonewall Jackson did Tuesday night against Heritage. Nothing against Kyani's play I just felt that Scott communicated better with her teammates.

Also I talked to injured Pride starter and top player Necole Sterling and she said that she should be back for the next time Heritage plays Stonewall Jackson. I asked her what she was thinking about playing against Kyani White and she said, "I can't wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment