Ashburn (Apr. 29, 2011) - Stone Bridge High School Athletic Director Dave Hembach released the following statement on his hiring of South County assistant coach Ben West to lead the Bulldogs boys basketball program:
"I'm pleased to announce Ben West, of South County High School, has been named the new Boys Basketball Head Coach for Stone Bridge. Ben has coached at WT Woodson High School and at South County High since it opened. Since 2009 Coach West has been the Varsity Boys Basketball Assistant Coach. Coach West will be a Special Educational teacher at Stone Bridge High School starting next fall."
All interested parents and players are invited to "Meet the Coach" night this Tuesday, May 3 at 6 p.m. in the SBHS library. Coach West will discuss his expectations and off-season plans in preparation for the upcoming 2011-12 season.
Coach West released the following statement about joining the Stone Bridge Staff: “I am humbled and very excited to have been given the opportunity to lead the Stone Bridge boys basketball program. The school and community are passionate about their sports and academics, so the decision to apply for the job was an easy one. I am proud to be representing an Athletics Program with such an amazing reputation for integrity and success, and I look forward to working with both Principal (Jim) Person and Activities Director (Dave) Hembach in making the Varsity Boys Basketball team a viable region contender in the near future.”
Friday, April 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment