(June 21, 2010) - Loudoun County High School girls basketball coach Kevin Reed, who has led the Raiders for eight successful seasons including a VHSL Division 4 state title in 2009, informed the school Monday that he has stepped down to take over the Sherando program in Stephens City.
"I'm happy for him and his family but it is a great loss for us," said Loudoun County Athletic Director Ken Wright.
Wright said he understood Reed's decision, based largely on the fact that he can now coach at a school that is just minutes from his home and family, but that it was still a "melancholy day" in Leesburg.
Reed said in an email to parents and fellow coaches: "With a heavy heart, I have decided to step down as head coach at Loudoun County HS. As many of you know, I have been at County for eight years, and it has truly been a major part of my life. For those four to five months each year that I am coaching, I rarely see my kids and wife. The opportunity for me to coach in my community did become available, and I have graciously accepted the head girl's basketball position at Sherando HS."
With the resignation of Jason Eldredge earlier this year at Freedom High School, this will leave the top two teams in the Dulles District -- Freedom and Loudoun County, which have combined for three state titles in the past two seasons -- with first-year coaches next winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment