VivaLoudoun has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.vivaloudoun.com
and update your bookmarks.


Tuesday, August 11, 2009

On the Sidelines with Dan Sousa: Welcome to My New Website!

It has been some week for the LPS Monkey!

On Monday DigitalSports.com, the parent company of LoudounPrepSports.com, was bought out by Vantage Learning. (Read the press release here!).

It appeared that I might be staying with LPS for another high school sports year (our fifth!) but I wasn't able to come to terms with the new owners and thus this morning was my last as "editor" of LoudounPrepSports.com.

Wow. That sounds weird after all the days and nights of coverage but it was a great ride and I truly enjoyed every minute of it (Time out Dan: Every minute? OK, thunderstorms, frostbite and insect bites not withstanding.)

I wish the new owners well and hopefully LoudounPrepSports.com lives long and prospers (sorry to go all Star Trek on ya) ... may the LPS Monkey be old enough that he can't peel his own bananas anymore!

So ... what is next for the Old Sportswriter? Well, I love covering Loudoun high school sports so I will be doing as much as that as possible for other outlets (Carl Lukat, sports of Loudoun Times-Mirror: Call Me!) and I'll use this website and my "On the Sideline" blog as an outlet for those "Rambling" thoughts of mine.

And I want to do more than just sports this time around ... sports are great but other educational activites and news are interesting as well plus other issues that are near and dear to the hearts of those I have gotten to know.

Stay tuned!






3 comments:

  1. Good Luck, Dan! Looking forward to great things via this Blog, or whatever medium you end up using to impart your Ramblin' Wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jay! Hopefully we can find an outlet for all your great volleyball stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan it was a pleasure working with you at DigitalSports. I know this isn't the last we've seen from the LPS gang. On a technical note you have got some work to do on the look/feel of this blog. 1st make it wider. It's safe to make it 1000px even for those with older computers. Contact me on linkedin if you need a hand with anything.

    ReplyDelete