(Oct. 28, 2011) - OK, raise your hand if you are planning to be the Abominable Snowman for Halloween because we have some weather you might love! The National Weather Service in Baltimore/Washington has issued a winter storm watch in effect from late tonight through Saturday afternoon which calls for a potential for five inches or more of snow along the Blue Ridge.
* PRECIPITATION TYPE...MAINLY SNOW IN THE MOUNTAINS. RAIN AND SNOW
* ACCUMULATIONS...POTENTIAL FOR FIVE OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW ALONG
THE BLUE RIDGE.
* TIMING...RAIN AND SNOW MIX LATE TONIGHT WILL CHANGE TO SNOW
SATURDAY MORNING AND CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
* TEMPERATURES...LOW TEMPERATURES TONIGHT IN THE MID 30S. HIGH
TEMPERATURES SATURDAY WILL BE IN THE MID TO UPPER 30S...BUT
TEMPERATURES WILL FALL INTO THE LOWER 30S SATURDAY AFTERNOON.
* WINDS...NORTHEAST AROUND 5 MPH SATURDAY MORNING BECOMING
NORTHWEST AT 10 TO 20 MPH SATURDAY AFTERNOON.